How deep is your love of adventure? Is it deep enough to follow the course of Charles Darwin to discover your own love affair with the wildlife paradise of the Galápagos Islands? If so, this Independence by Globus holiday in Ecuador is pointing you in the right direction. Begin by exploring the historic heart of Quito and depart for parts unknown where blue-footed boobies, giant tortoises, and diving iguanas of the Galápagos give new meaning to mind-blowing discoveries. You’ll stay at the award-winning Finch Bay Eco Hotel on Santa Cruz Island in the Galápagos, offering a private, seaside location to kayak, snorkel, bike, and take boat excursions to the various Galápagos Islands with expert Naturalists. Sail upon pristine waters to discover the perfectly evolved creatures who thrive on this volcanic archipelago. Stroll the sand where sea lions bask and albatross brace against the updrafts above the cliffs. Sail, snorkel, and simply stay in a state of astonishment through the sanctuaries of spectacular species on North Seymour, and South Plaza Island, and Santa Cruz Islands. Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station where conservationists work to protect the gentle giants for which the islands are named. You’ll also find the I-time you deserve to fall in love with adventure again!
- Transportation: As outlined in the day-by-day itinerary below and private airport transfers to/from intra-holiday flights; Galápagos intra-holiday flights and taxes are included.
- Guides: In Quito; Naturalist in the Galápagos
- Maximum enjoyment of this holiday requires walking on uneven pathways and climbing stairs. Elevations exceeding 8,000 feet can make even modest exertion a challenge. Maximum elevation on this tour is 9,350 ft. In the Galápagos, there will be “wet landings” meaning guests will need to be able to jump in the water, out of the boats/zodiacs and walk a couple of meters to the beaches. Terrain is rocky and uneven.
- Galápagos Islands itineraries are fully subject to change.
- Maximum elevation on tour is 9,350 ft. in Quito.
Please note: Itinerary is based on 2024, and is subject to change. Full details will be confirmed in 2024.